You are what you eat. It’s such a simple but powerful concept. In this full and impactful course, you will learn the latest research about how ingesting the right nutrients at the right time can support an active lifestyle. Understand how nutrition is a key component of a complete wellness program and how nutrient timing, in particular, has been the subject of much discussion and research over the past decade. This course looks at how the proper approach to “nutrition by the clock” can boost recovery and performance. It’s a nutritionally dense course with great information for you and your clients.
Available Course Credits
After reading this article, you should be able to:
- List the basic physiological effects of strenuous exercise on the body.
- Explain the key attributes of the postexercise meal and how they promote an anabolic state.
- Understand optimal timing for the postexercise meal and describe the evidence-based research that supports this timing.
- Provide details on the important aspects of the postexercise meal.
- Know the benefits and limitations of ?-hydroxy- ?-methylbutyrate, or HMB, supplementation as well as its potential physiological effects.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|Optimal Recovery After Exercise: Nutrient Timing||Article|
|March 2013 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 4: Nutrition and Recovery||Test|