ACE Professional Price
In this extensive course, you will learn the recent research and breakthroughs making news today in the field of food and nutrition. Discover the top five trends in health-related attitudes and behaviors in the United States. Also, learn to turn exercise into a game to help your clients become and stay motivated in their quest for fitness. Understand what motivates people and how their motivation style can be used to tailor a challenging but playful exercise experience. Such a fun and informative course!
Available Course Credits
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Learn and discuss the research and findings in the Food for Thought section.
- Describe the differences between the three key forms of motivation--controlled extrinsic, autonomous extrinsic and intrinsic--and understand their role in exercise adherence.
- Define challenge play and marry the concepts of play and exercise.
- Incorporate a variety of challenge play games in an exercise routine.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|Fewer, Larger Meals May Be Healthier Option for Obese Women||Article|
|Challenge Play: Connecting Exercise and Fun||Article|
|Vegetables at Dinner and Perceptions of the Meal and the Cook||Article|
|Top 5 Health Trends||Article|
|Time to Eat Rye Crackers? Whole Grains and Prediabetes||Article|
|Q&A: Ask The RD||Article|
|Obese Children More Vulnerable to Food Advertising||Article|
|High-Fructose Corn Syrup and Type 2 Diabetes||Article|
|Food Marketing to Children and Adolescents: An Update||Article|
|Food Focus: Freekeh||Article|
|March 2013 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 3: Nutrition News, and Exercise and Play||Test|