ACE Professional Price
Can eating mindfully be the magic pill that helps type 2 diabetics manage weight and blood-sugar levels? Can tai chi improve bone health in women with osteopenia? These are just two examples of what researchers are discovering about the connections between our mind, body and spirit. In this course, you will discover the answers to these and other interesting research questions. Also, learn all about Pilates safety and its importance when working with an older clientele. Understand the importance of knowing proper biomechanics and cuing when teaching to a mature population. An important course with important research to help you and your clients attain that powerful mind-body-spirit connection!
Available Course Credits
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Discuss the research studies and findings described in the Mind-Body-Spirit News section.
- Discuss the importance of practicing and teaching Pilates safely when working with a mature clientele.
- Describe why knowledge of proper biomechanics is key when teaching Pilates to senior citizens.
- Understand how and when to use appropriate Pilates cuing techniques when communicating with an older population.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|Breast Cancer Survivors Improve Endurance With Pilates Chair Exercise||Article|
|Mindful Eating Helps People With Type 2 Diabetes||Article|
|Pilates Safety Concerns for Older Adults||Article|
|Question of the Month||Article|
|React Less to Stress for Better Health||Article|
|Tai Chi May Improve Bone Health in Women With Osteopenia||Article|
|Recipe for Health: Lauren’s Butternut, Sage Chicken Stew||Article|
|March 2013 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 2: Mind-Body-Spirit News, and Pilates Safety and the Older Adult||Test|