March 2013 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 1: Health & Fitness News, and Energy Balance
In this information packed course, you will learn the latest and greatest research in health and fitness today; from studies about obesity in our Armed Forces to the 2012 Shape of the Nation Report. Also, dive into the science and findings on energy balance. Discover its three major components and how they affect weight management, as well as learn how the body utilizes and stores energy. So much important and interesting information all in one course!
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Discuss the research studies and findings described in the Making News section.
- Discuss the three major components of energy balance--resting energy expenditure, the thermic effect of food, and activity energy expenditure--and how they affect weight management.
- Discuss how much energy the body stores and the theories on “set point” and “settling point.”
- Explain how the body discerns hunger feelings.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|2012 Shape of the Nation Report ||Article|
|Active Transportation Rates Dismal ||Article|
|Muscularity in Young Men Linked to Mortality Rates ||Article|
|Overweight, Obesity, Triples in Armed Forces ||Article|
|Partner Up and Power Up ||Article|
|Physicians Unqualified to Treat Obesity ||Article|
|Energy Balance Update: Keep Moving! |
Scientists respond to burning questions about food, exercise and weight loss.
| March 2013 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 1: Health & Fitness News, and Energy Balance ||Test|