ACE Professional Price
To battle obesity, we must understand the mathematics of weight loss and learn to look beyond the numbers. This continuing education quiz discusses the energy balance equation. We are taught that weight loss is simply an equation of calories in versus calories out. If only it were that simple. There is no magic formula for weight loss, of course, but researchers have developed many mathematical models to help us better understand how the body sheds weight. This quiz examines major concerns associated with these calculations (they are far from perfect) and then discusses simpler solutions that empower all of us to confront one of the most vexing issues of our times: obesity.
Available Course Credits
After reading this article, you should be able to:
- Identify the limitations of exercise to achieve initial weight loss.
- Calculate estimated total daily caloric expenditure (TDEE).
- Discuss the limitations associated with self-reported data for caloric intake and expenditure.
- Implement simpler solutions that track and boost TDEE.
- Implement simpler solutions for helping individuals monitor caloric intake.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|The Energy Balance Equation||Article|
|March 2012 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 4: Energy Balance||Test|