ACE Professional Price
This continuing education quiz explores the sources of power at the molecular level, capturing the essence of energy for exercise. Exercise professionals devote fervent attention to learning the intricate mechanisms of muscle actions and understanding how the contractile proteins (such as myosin and actin) create force to do an array of exercises. But the source of that force—the biochemistry of energy—often remains a mystery. This quiz will discuss recent explanations that help demystify the processes happening at the molecular level, where cells channel energy from food in the work accomplished by exercise. In addition, this quiz covers diaphragmatic breathing and the influence on core stability and neck pain. Learn how improving poor breathing patterns can go a long way toward helping clients excel in their physical pursuits.
Available Course Credits
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Discuss how organic compounds liberate energy from ATP and why ATP is a high-energy molecule.
- Discuss differences between anaerobic and aerobic ATP pathways.
- Discuss the impact that improper breathing has on core stability and neck pain.
- Evaluate clients’ breathing patterns as functional or dysfunctional.
- Develop a systematic approach for reclaiming good diaphragmatic breathing habits.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|Capturing the Essence of Energy for Exercise||Article|
|Diaphragmatic Breathing’s Influence on Core Stability and Neck Pain||Article|
|March 2012 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 3: Research, and Diaphragmatic Breathing||Test|