March 2011 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 4: Mind-Body-Spirit News and Senior Fitness
This continuing education quiz covers some of the latest mind-body-spirit news as well as senior fitness. Some of the mind-body-spirit topics covered include: how positive coaching improves effectiveness, why stress stimulates the popularity of yoga practices, how walking boosts brain health, and how the practice of tai chi provides arthritis pain relief. In the article, Therapeutic Yoga for Seniors, you gain insight into the risks and benefits of yoga practice for older adults as well as practical strategies for appropriately modifying yoga postures to reduce risks.
- Discuss the research studies and findings described in the Mind-Body-Spirit News section.
- Describe the key risks and benefits of yoga practice for older adults.
- Demonstrate practical strategies for appropriately modifying yoga postures to reduce risks.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|Mindfulness Practice Increases Gray Matter ||Article|
|Nearly 75% of All Americans Are Overstressed ||Article|
|Positive Coaching Improves Effectiveness ||Article|
|Practicing Tai Chi Provides Arthritis Pain Relief ||Article|
|Stress Stimulates Popularity of Yoga Practice ||Article|
|Therapeutic Yoga for Seniors |
Safely adapting the practice to older bodies, minds and spirits.
|Walking Boosts Brain Health ||Article|
|March 2011 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 4: Mind-Body-Spirit News and Senior Fitness ||Test|