June 2015 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 5: Mind-Body News, and Training Caregivers
This quiz highlights the latest news and research on a variety of mind-body-spirit topics, including avoiding technology addiction, reiki for cancer survivors, and mindful triathlons. Also included is an article on senior fitness that provides tips for working with older caregivers. The article includes a discussion on the physical needs of this population, the effects of chronic pain and stress, and specific exercises that are great for movement patterns such as pushing, pulling, squats and balancing.
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Discuss the research studies and findings described in the Mind-Body-Spirit News section.
- Understand more fully the unique physical demands placed on caregivers.
- Write up a cancellation policy that takes caregivers’ unique time demands into consideration.
- Design a well-rounded program that accounts for the unique demands placed on caregivers, such as time, stress, guilt, exhaustion and possible depression.
- Decide if working with caregivers is a good fit for you.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|Tips for Working
With Older Caregivers |
Flexibility and understanding are the watchwords for fitness professionals.
|Meditation and Healthy Aging ||Article|
|More Americans Enjoying Yoga ||Article|
|Reiki for Cancer Survivors ||Article|
|Mindful Triathlons—A New Sport? ||Article|
Cholesterol Levels ||Article|
|Mindful Tips to Help You Avoid Technology Addiction ||Article|
|Help for Pregnant Women With Depression ||Article|
|June 2015 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 5: Mind-Body News, and Training Caregivers ||Test|