June 2013 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 4: Digital Distractions
Do you loathe those people who are constantly talking on their cell phone even while working out, driving and shopping? Or are you one of those people who is constantly attached to your digital devices? This course delves into why it is human nature to be constantly connected and stimulated. You will also find out, however, that this habit is harmful to one’s well-being and can cause excess stress and anxiety. This unique course will teach you how and why you should take time to unplug and how to keep technology out of your workout.
After reading this article, you should be able to:
- Explain and explore what digital distraction is.
- Present research that shows the negative effects of digital distraction or too much technological interaction.
- Explain theories of cognitive overload, working memory and executive attention.
- Explore the impact of digital distraction on the fitness industry in terms of safety and etiquette policies, training strategies to focus client attention and whether devices will replace trainers.
- Discuss ways to manage technology to prevent harm.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|June 2013 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 4: Digital Distractions ||Test|
|Digital Distractions |
Is technology supporting or threatening our well-being?