ACE Professional Price
PERMA is not a hairstyle, it is an acronym for a five-prong strategy that can be very helpful in motivating older exercisers. If you work with the older-adult population, this session is vital for your success. Discover how to make every workout enjoyable and how to get your older clients into a positive mindset. Also in this section, find out how to relieve hot flashes, how a healthy heart leads to a healthy brain, how seeing the glass as half full can improve your cholesterol levels and more. Take this course to learn how to keep you and your clients healthy and happy.
Available Course Credits
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Discuss the research studies and findings described in the Mind-Body-Spirit News section.
- Reframe the medical model of aging to embrace and encourage new positive attitudes about growing older.
- Describe the PERMA theory and research, and introduce the SPEC model of health care.
- Offer PERMA applications to help increase the vibrancy, health and well-being of older-adult clients.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|June 2013 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 2: Mind-Body-Spirit News, and Positive Psychology for Older Adults||Test|
|Tai Chi Practice Helps Stroke Survivors||Article|
|Question of the Month||Article|
|Positive People Enjoy Healthy Cholesterol Levels||Article|
|Keep a Healthy Heart for a Fit Brain||Article|
|Dynamic Imagery May Improve Results||Article|
|Deep Breathing May Help Hot Flashes||Article|
|Corporate Wellness Programs Continue to Grow||Article|
|Applying the PERMA Model||Article|
|Yoga May Benefit People With Arrhythmia||Article|