June 2013 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 1: Health & Fitness News, and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
Does CrossFit® live up to all the hype? Can exercise improve the quality of one’s sleep? In this course, you will learn the latest health and fitness news as well as valuable information about exercise and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Learn what COPD is and how exercise can be beneficial for those who suffer from it. You will also find the best exercises for COPD sufferers based on ACSM guidelines. After taking this course, you will impress your colleagues and clients with all your newly gained knowledge.
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Discuss the research studies and findings described in the Making News section.
- Explain the physiological mechanisms of chronic bronchitis and emphysema, and state some current health statistics and facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, or COPD.
- Discuss the benefits of cardiovascular exercise for clients with COPD.
- Design an exercise program for a client with COPD.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
| June 2013 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 1: Health & Fitness News, and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease ||Test|
| Helping the Chronically Short of Breath |
Exercise can help people with emphysema, chronic bronchitis and other ailments caused by chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
|Circuit Training Helps Stroke Patients ||Article|
|Does CrossFit® Live Up to the Hype? ||Article|
|Insomnia Ups Heart Failure Risk ||Article|
|Minimal-Intensity Exercise Best for Insulin Improvements? ||Article|
|NCPPA Names ACE CEO to Board of Directors ||Article|
|Refresh and Revitalize Your Identity ||Article|
|Exercise Improves Sleep ||Article|