June 2012 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 4: Happiness
Do you know how happy your clients are? Are they happy to see you? As the old saying goes, “Some people cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.” But seriously, in which category would your clients put you? As it turns out, happiness is no laughing matter. Your clients’ health and longevity—not to mention their quality of life—are linked to it. You probably spend more time on your clients’ core strength than on their core values, but the focus may shift as we find out more about the role well-being plays in optimal health. In this continuing education quiz, learn 12 researched strategies for sustaining happiness. Fitness and happiness share important common ground: both contribute to significantly better overall health, and both are lifelong processes that create lasting change.
After reading this article, you should be able to:
- Identify significant health impacts of positive well-being.
- List Seligman’s five elements of well-being.
- Describe common characteristics of happy people.
- Identify five characteristics that determine the effectiveness of happiness strategies.
- Explain effective strategies for increasing happiness.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|The Happiness Factor |
Is it time for the fitness industry to add happiness to the health equation?
| Junes 2012 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 4: Happiness ||Test|