June 2012 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 2: Nutrition News, and Nutrition and Skin Health
This continuing education quiz is all about nutrition. Learn to build a better breakfast by adopting other countries’ approaches to breakfast. Read about how soy isoflavones can help relieve hot flashes in menopausal women, how popcorn may be good for you, and the skinny on three notable tea varieties that are natural and calorie free. Check out the recipe for health: Vivacious Vegan Tacos! In addition, discover how diet and exercise can create a great summer glow for your skin. Learn how healthy skin starts with good eating habits, exercise and a skincare regimen that includes exfoliation, cleansing, moisturizing and sunscreen. Take the quiz and get the menu for great skin.
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Discuss the research studies and findings described in the Food for Thought section.
- List foods and nutrients that improve skin appearance.
- Describe the impact of diet on adult acne.
- Explain the relationship between exercise, skin tone and perceptions of health.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|M&M&M: Maca, Matcha and Mate—Teas to Please ||Article|
|Ask the RD |
Question: What type of protein should I eat after a workout: whey, casein or soy?
|BEER: The New Postexercise Recovery Elixir? ||Article|
|Popcorn Has Been Hiding Something ||Article|
|appetizers: Here’s a taste of what’s cooking in the nutrition world: ||Article|
|Good Food Reads for Vacation or Beach ||Article|
|Hot Flashes? Try Soy Isoflavones for Relief ||Article|
|Build a Better Breakfast: A Global Sampling ||Article|
|Recipe for Great Summer Skin |
Diet and exercise create a glow you can’t get from a bottle.
| June 2012 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 2: Nutrition News, and Nutrition and Skin Health ||Test|