ACE Professional Price
In this course, discover how emerging research underscores the link between what you eat and how you feel, in addition to the latest in mind-body-spirit news. The Food and Mood section will review foods associated with mood-lifting or mood-stabilizing effects, then will identify the diet patterns associated with mood as promoting or protecting against depressive symptoms. In Mind-Body-Spirit News, you will read how meditation is increasing in the medical setting, and how tai chi and aquatic exercise have become the most popular exercise activities among older adults. Also, learn the benefits of the Pilates “knee-stretch” exercises and the impact of yoga practice on the sympathetic nervous system, which benefits both physical and mental health.
Available Course Credits
- Name foods associated with mood-lifting or mood-stabilizing effects.
- Identify the diet patters associated with mood as promoting or protecting against depressing symptoms.
- Discuss the research studies and findings described in the Mind-Body-Spirit news section.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.