ACE Professional Price
This continuing education course covers two important topics everyone should be well -informed on:, resistance training for clients with diabetes, and exercising in the heat. You’ll learn the risk factors and health problems associated with diabetes, gain an understanding of effective exercise interventions for clients with diabetes, and find out how resistance training can help your diabetic clients make good exercise choices. The second topic covered is the thermal and cardiovascular challenges of exercising in the heat. Through your reading, you’ll be able to identify what happens to the body when a person is exercising in the heat and learn strategies for optimal outdoor exercise during the summer. You’ll also obtain an understanding of the differences between heat stress and dehydration, and the best way to hydrate before, during and after exercising in the heat.
Available Course Credits
- Explain and discuss some of the risk factors and health maladies of diabetes and how the body regulates glucose.
- Discuss effective exercise interventions for managing clients with diabetes.
- Identify what happens to the body when a person is exercising in the heat.
- Explain specific strategies for exercising in the heat.
- Compare the differences between heat stress and dehydration
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|Resistance Training for Clients With Diabetes||Article|
|Exercising in the Heat||Article|