July-August 2013 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 2: Kid's Health
Although childhood obesity rates seem to be stabilizing, the obesity epidemic is still a very real and serious problem. As a fitness professional, you have the ability to step up and take a leading role in helping future generations fight weight gain and associated health problems. In this course, you will learn possible causes for the rapid rise in obesity rates, the health consequences of carrying extra weight, and recommendations on how to go about reversing the obesity epidemic.
After reading this article, you should be able to:
- Outline the trend in prevalence of childhood obesity over the past 30 years.
- Describe several factors that increase the risk of childhood obesity.
- List at least five health consequences resulting from childhood obesity, including physical, social, emotional and behavioral concerns.
- List the components of a successful childhood-obesity intervention.
- Identify venues in which fitness professionals can engage in the effort to
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|July-August 2013 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 2: Kid's Health ||Test|
|Undoing Childhood Obesity |
Fitness pros can take a leading role in helping U.S. children become healthier.