In this quiz, learn how dietary guidelines for Americans have changed in recent years and what specific nutrients you and your clients should focus on. Discover the shocking amount of sodium the average American intakes daily and how to reduce sodium levels in your diet. Learn to control portion sizes and replace your meals with leaner protein. Are you interested in helping the First Lady promote her Let’s Move! campaign? Find out how to create a healthy start for children through nutrition standards in schools and youth-focused fitness programs. Learn how to teach the younger generations of children how to live a healthy lifestyle and avoid obesity-related health problems. Don’t miss out on all of the great nutritional information in this quiz.
Available Course Credits
After reading this article, you should be able to:
- Discuss the main themes of the 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans and strategies for communicating them to clients.
- Identify opportunities for involvement in nutrition and physical activity initiatives and policy change.
- Explain the goals and major cornerstones of the Let’s Move! initiative.
- Describe how proposed changes to school-meal nutrition standards would benefit school-lunch programs.
- Discuss point-of-purchase food- and menu-labeling efforts that aim to offer consumers more nutrition information.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|Reforming the Way Americans Eat||Article|
|July-August 2011 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 4: Nutrition Policy||Test|