July-August 2011 Quiz 3: Q & A with Esther Sternberg, MD
Sit down with Dr. Esther Sternberg to learn more about how our environment affects illness and health. Find out if your surroundings have the power to heal or hurt your wellbeing. Learn about the four elements of stress and how they can affect you and your clients’ day-to-day life. Coping with stress is easier than you think if you follow these simple and easy techniques. Discover how exercise facilities can contribute to their members’ mental health and why paying attention to the small details can have a positive benefit on membership. No time to get sick? Dr. Sternberg tells you how to avoid illness through regular exercise. Learn how you can help combat the obesity epidemic affecting Americans today.
After reading these articles, readers should be able to:
- Discuss how and why stress affects health.
- Describe the importance of our surroundings or "place" in maintaining health and well-being.
- Discuss the four elements of stress and their potential detrimental effect on clients.
- Explain some of the coping mechanisms that can assist clients who are stressed.
- Discuss the future of mind-body medicine and how fitness professionals can team up with medical professionals for their clients' benefit
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|How the Mind, the Body & the Environment Affect Our Health |
A Conversation With Esther Sternberg, MD
|July-August 2011 Quiz 3: Q & A with Esther Sternberg, MD ||Test|