ACE Professional Price
Can helping others improve your health? Can Pilates make you smarter? Is exercise an effective depression treatment? Find the answers to these questions and other mind-body news items in this inclusive quiz. You will also learn how to help your clients build their exercise self-efficacy. Find out which strategies work best and what you can do to assist your clients’ development.
Available Course Credits
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Discuss the research studies and findings described in the Mind-Body-Spirit news section.
- Define self-efficacy, and describe how it affects overweight and obese clients’ health behaviors.
- Identify the difference between overweight and obese classifications based on body mass index.
- Prioritize training exercises and methods in the initial training phases so as to increase self-efficacy.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|January 2014 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 4: Mind-Body News, and Improving Self-Efficacy||Test|
|Building Exercise Self-Efficacy in Overweight and Obese Clients||Article|
|When Money Is Tight, Weekly Yoga Can Do the Trick||Article|
|Tai Chi Benefits People with Hypertension||Article|
|Walking: Good For Pregnant Clients In More Ways Than One||Article|
|Study Explores Link Between Fitness and Attention||Article|
|Can Pilates Make You Smarter?||Article|
|Exercise Is an Effective Depression Treatment||Article|
|The Benefits of Unselfish Living: Science Catches Up With Ancient Wisdom||Article|
|Perceived Stress Affects DHEA-S, Health and Aging||Article|
|Question of the Month||Article|