ACE Professional Price
Fitness industry leaders have long supported public health efforts, but something new is happening on gym floors across the country: personal trainers, group instructors and other fitness pros are becoming ever more involved in public health programs. This continuing education quiz is jam-packed full of inspiring success stories and public health programs stretching across the U.S. Read about communities putting prevention to work at reducing and preventing obesity, and how the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) introduced a new specialty certification for those who promote physical activity in public health settings. Learn how public health programs can impact your bottom line. Take this quiz and discover that fitness pros now have a much broader role!
Available Course Credits
After reading this article, readers should be able to:
- Distinguish between clinical and public health.
- Discuss how state and local public health programs are promoting physical activity in schools, worksites and community venues.
- Name at least three ways that fitness professionals can contribute to public health efforts.
- Explain how successful public health programs can have a positive financial impact on the fitness industry.
- Identify ways fitness professionals can learn about public health partnerships and programs in their communities.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|Is There a Public Health Role for Fitness Professionals?||Article|
|January 2012 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 4: Public Health and Fitness Professionals||Test|