ACE Professional Price
Learn the seven significant principles of functional training for mature adults in this continuing education quiz. These principles emerge from empirical evidence and insights gleaned over years of working with a variety of older clients. Review some of the most significant research findings on the topic and discover practical recommendations in areas where the evidence is unclear or equivocal. It’s crucial that trainers fully understand the needs and conditions of older adults. Take this quiz and take an educated, purposeful approach when designing programs for this special population that is growing in size and needs focused attention.
Available Course Credits
After reading this article, you should be able to:
- Recall how each principle affects training methodologies and strategies.
- Describe the evidence supporting each principle.
- Indicate how to apply each principle within the training context.
- Identify factors that determine how “functional” an individual exercise is for a client.
- State current misconceptions regarding training strategies for mature clients.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|The Significant 7: Principles of Functional Training for Mature Adults||Article|
|January 2012 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 3: Functional Training for Older Adults||Test|