Discover a new twist to an old cardio training practice. The talk test may be a breath of fresh air for future measurements of intensity. Think outside the box with this continuing education quiz covering the science of metabolic training and its application, the talk test, and the fuel shift: fat to carbs, measuring ventilator threshold 1, and programming to improve aerobic efficiency. Finding more effective strategies and solutions that help clients reach their goals will always translate into greater success. Use this knowledge to positively impact your business, yourself and or your clients by achieving greater results! In addition, this quiz covers extensive research on resistance training and several major mental health issues. Read about the impressive amount of evidence saying that your mind and body can be significantly improved with resistance training. Less anxiety, improved self-esteem and memory, potential reduction in depression, significant decrease in chronic fatigue and improved quality of sleep; the research is clear: for a mental lift, you should weight-lift!
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Summarize some of the health-related benefits of resistance training.
- Discuss several mental health conditions (i.e., anxiety, cognition, depression, chronic fatigue, self-esteem and sleep quality) and how resistance training may influence them.
- Describe some of the proposed mechanisms that explain why resistance training improves mental health.
- Explain the metabolic concept of VT1.
- Measure and design VT1-based cardio programs.