ACE Professional Price
How can clients keep their New Year’s resolutions? Find out in this continuing education quiz. Research shows that good intentions aren’t enough. There are many reasons people fall off the workout wagon: Too tired. Too busy. Too boring. Too hard. This article takes a look at why the motivation to change and the intention to work out aren’t always enough, and how you can help exercisers stick to their resolutions. Discover the combination that gives exercisers the best chance of reaching their goals, and for finding out what the gym looks like in the spring! In addition, this quiz covers newsworthy research in the mind-body-spirit community. Learn how heart failure patients may benefit from Pilates, how volunteering to help others can lengthen ones life and how short sleep is associated with weight gain in both men and women. Read how exercise can serve as supplemental treatment for 50% of patients with depression who have not been cured by a single antidepressant medication, and how meditation training may increase brain tissue. This quiz is bursting with useful information!
Available Course Credits
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Discuss the research studies and findings described in the Mind-Body-Spirit News section.
- Address competing motivations that make it hard for clients to keep their New Year’s resolutions to lose weight and get fit.
- Understand what can cause the gap between intention and behavior.
- Learn how “proactive pessimism” can help clients stay on track with their fitness goals.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|Exercise May Serve as “Medicine” for Depression||Article|
|Heart Failure Patients May Benefit From Pilates||Article|
|How Can Clients Keep Their New Year’s Resolutions?||Article|
|Meditation Training May Increase Brain Tissue||Article|
|People With Disabilities Use CAM||Article|
|Short Sleep Is Associated With Weight Gain||Article|
|Volunteering to Help Others Lengthens Life||Article|
|January 2012 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 1: Mind-Body-Spirit News and Keeping New Year’s Resolutions||Test|