ACE Professional Price
Staying fit during pregnancy is important for both the mother and the unborn child’s health. In this quiz, you will learn how you can help pregnant clients train for each trimester with a functional fitness plan. You will also understand the biomechanics of pregnancy, the functional needs of a pregnant woman and how to create a functional fitness plan for your clients.
Available Course Credits
After reading this article, you should be able to:
- Explain the main anatomical and physiological factors that impact a pregnant woman’s posture and biomechanics.
- Define “functional fitness” as it relates specifically to the needs of a pregnant person.
- Describe how typical strength training exercises can be modified and used to make a mom-to-be’s everyday activities easier and more comfortable.
- Explain how to use exercise and client education to help an expectant woman prepare for birth (labor and delivery) and early motherhood.
- List ACOG’s recommended guidelines for, and absolute contraindications to, exercise during pregnancy, in general terms.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|May 2014 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 4: Staying Fit Throughout Pregnancy||Test|
|Functional Fitness for Pregnancy||Article|