September 2014 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 4: Mind-Body News, and Pilates and Neck Pain
Is yoga practice beneficial for children? Can a happy spouse be good for your health? Do holistic mind-body programs help people with dementia? Find the answers to these question and other relevant mind-body news items in this quiz. Also included, learn how Pilates can help people with chronic neck pain. Discover which props to provide and what modifications to make to help this clientele correct their spinal alignment.
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Discuss the research studies and findings described in the Mind-Body-Spirit News section.
- Describe the prevalence of neck pain among Americans and some of its causes.
- Discuss preliminary scientific evidence of the benefits of Pilates training for chronic neck pain.
- Identify teaching tips (for working with clients with neck pain) that apply lessons learned both from research and from experienced instructors.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|September 2014 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 4: Mind-Body News, and Pilates and Neck Pain ||Test|
|Benefits of Yoga for Youth ||Article|
|A Happy Spouse is Good for Your Health ||Article|
|Pilates May Help Stroke Survivors ||Article|
|Holistic Mind-Body Program Helps People With Dementia ||Article|
|Optimists Have Less Risk of Heart Failure ||Article|
|Improving Chronic Neck Pain With Pilates |
Help people find relief from neck pain by providing props and modifications and by guiding clients toward correct spinal alignment.