June 2014 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 4: Exercise for Depression and Anxiety
Do you work with clients who have mental health disorders? Learn how exercise can help to alleviate anxiety, stress and depression. This quiz addresses different mental illnesses to explain what they are, how exercise can help and which exercise is best. You will also learn how exercise affects the brain to alter moods, and changes the structure and function of the brain.
After reading this article, you should be able to:
- Explain signs and symptoms of depression.
- Explain signs and symptoms of anxiety.
- Present research that shows how exercise positively affects mental health.
- Understand the basic neuroscientific impact of physical activity on neurochemicals and brain function, and comprehend how that may explain the relationship between exercise and mental health.
- Explore potential training strategies for helping clients gain mental health benefits from regular exercise.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|June 2014 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 4: Exercise for Depression and Anxiety ||Test|
|Train Yourself Happy |
Exercise can play a key role in alleviating anxiety and depression.