September 2014 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 3: Programming for Diabetic Clients
Diabetes affects nearly 10% of the U.S. population. The good news is that research has shown that exercise can help people prevent and manage this disease. In this quiz you will learn about the different types of diabetes, how they affect your clients and how exercise can help.
After reading this article, you should be able to:
- Identify key symptoms and consequences of diabetes.
- Define and explain the different types of diabetes.
- Explain and discuss hormonal regulation of blood glucose and insulin resistance.
- Explain the role of aerobic exercise and resistance training and other interventions in the management and prevention of type 2 diabetes.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|September 2014 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 3: Programming for Diabetic Clients ||Test|
|Diabetes & Exercise: What Every Fitness Professional Should Know |
Exercise is a safeguard against the disease, especially type 2.