ACE Professional Price
Endurance exercise does not make people anemic; however, it can lead to depleted iron stores. Learn what anemia is and the differences between sports anemia and iron-deficiency anemia. Also included in this quiz, learn how mixed martial arts techniques can help a broad spectrum of clients get into shape. Find the basics to get your clients started and sample workouts to help them progress.
Available Course Credits
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Explain and discuss iron-deficient anemia and describe its signs, symptoms and causes.
- Explain the misconceptions surrounding the term sports anemia.
- Discuss and explain some roles of iron in the body and how iron-deficient anemia may be a concern for specific client populations.
- Identify the three phases of conditioning for mixed martial arts.
- Identify the multiple disciplines of the sport.
- Discuss and identify the exercises within the programming models.
- Discuss the strength coach’s challenges when developing a program for MMA athletes.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|September 2014 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 2: Understanding Anemia, and MMA for All||Test|
|Understanding Iron-Deficiency Anemia & Sports Anemia||Article|