ACE Professional Price
High intensity interval training is extremely popular right now but does it really improve health fitness and performance? In this quiz you will learn about the many health benefits of HIIT, including heart disease prevention and blood pressure control. Also included in this quiz, learn about the many benefits of outdoor exercise and how to include outdoor activities in your exercise programming.
Available Course Credits
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Describe some of the acute or immediate responses of a high-intensity interval training session.
- Discuss the VO2max health benefits from HIIT.
- Explain how HIIT benefits blood pressure, cholesterol, insulin resistance and fat loss.
- Explain the added physiological benefits of exercising in the outdoors.
- Design an exercise program that includes traditional training methods and outdoor activity.
- Identify legal requirements of leading outdoor activities, and understand how to remain safely within your scope of professional practice.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|May 2014 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 2: Health Benefits of HIIT, and Outdoor Exercise||Test|
|Metabolic Effects of HIIT||Article|
|Mother Nature’s Gym||Article|