ACE Professional Price
Increase your knowledge with some of the latest research in nutrition and weight management. In this course, you’ll review the latest weight management research to discover how people lose weight—and keep it off. Then, you’ll look at the emerging news on vitamins and minerals and learn how to apply the findings to your high-performance clients.
Articles and test are from the March 2010 CEC Senior Fitness issue of IDEA Fitness Journal.
Available Course Credits
- Describe the health benefits of modest weight loss.
- Explain physiological and psychological factors that make it difficult for people to lose weight and maintain weight loss.
- Identify five top strategies that successful weight losers have in common.
- Describe the concept of energy density and the role it plays in weight management.
- Elucidate common dietary myths surrounding weight management.
- Identify at least one factor that contributes to confusion around vitamins and minerals.
- Describe athletes who are most at risk for poor vitamin/mineral status.
- List at least three of the primary minerals that are often low in the diets of athletes.
- Identify circumstances in which micronutrient supplementation may be advisable.
- Name food sources for specific vitamins and minerals.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|The Latest Findings on Vitamins & Minerals||Article|
|Beyond Energy Imbalance||Article|