Also Available As: DVD
Online Access + Shipped Course Content
If you work with women, you don’t want to miss this jam-packed course. We’ll dive into metabolism and discuss how it is affected by many factors, including fuel availability, genetic disposition, diet, training and hormonal changes. In addition, we’ll talk about protein, fat and carbohydrate intake in conjunction with various exercise protocols to help with weight management. Lastly, we’ll examine what hormonal changes occur when women engage in a rock-solid weight training program. Walk away with useful tips to guide your female clients to gorgeous results.
Available Course Credits
Pilates Academy International
- Describe how to identify eight important factors pertaining to the effects resting metabolic rate has on females during specific stages of life.
- Explain various nutrition strategies based upon calorie intake and exercise expenditure.
- Describe the physiological differences for women regarding hormonal fluctuations, storing body fat and the role of growth hormone secretion via exercise.
- Detail specific serving sizes of carbohydrates, protein and fat and their roles in pre-, during and post-training sessions.
- Describe the factors the impact a proper caloric intake and the best options for meeting it to ensure optimal metabolism during the peri-menopausal years.
- Explain the role of cortisol in creating catabolism leading to hypoglycemic issues and beta oxidation ultimately decreasing performance.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|How Hormones and Metabolism Changes the Training Game for Females||Video|
|How Hormones and Metabolism Change the Training Game for Females||DVD||(Shipped version only)|
|How Hormones and Metabolism Change the Training Game for Females||Test|