February 2013 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 4: The Heart
It’s an understatement to say that this course has got “heart.” In this course you will explore the amazing human heart and discover everything you need to know about how it works and how to keep it happy and healthy. Learn about the function, structure, cardiac cycle, blood transportation system and electrical conduction system of this vital organ. Also learn how to find and calculate heart rate and blood pressure and be able to distinguish healthy levels from unhealthy levels. With this course, you will come away with a greater understanding of the heart’s structure, function and physiology; being in a much better position to assess and design safer, more effective training programs for your clients.
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the heart’s function, structure, cardiac cycle and blood transport system.
- Explain the differences between healthy and unhealthy cardiac hypertrophy.
- Explain how the heart’s electrical system generates its own signaling messages.
- Discuss the transport mechanism of blood pressure from the heart throughout the arteries, and identify healthy and unhealthy blood pressure levels.
- Explain and calculate rate pressure product; define a healthy resting heart rate; and explain the health consequences of an elevated resting heart rate.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|Exploring the Amazing Heart |
Heart rate and blood pressure offer powerful clues to clients’ fitness progress.
|February 2013 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 4: The Heart ||Test|