ACE Professional Price
In this extensive and informative course, you will discover the myths and realities of detox diets. Learning all you should know about cleanses and juice fasts and whether or not they are safe for you or your clients. Also in this course, learn to change your perceptions of senior fitness. You will learn how to asses older-adult fitness levels and discover ways that you can work with older adults to help them get the training they need, as well as learn how to market to this unique and growing population.
Available Course Credits
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Identify the limits of attempting to “detox” or “cleanse” the body.
- Understand the difference between genuinely dangerous toxins and substances that may be harmless at normal levels of exposure.
- Determine key factors and special considerations that might differentiate a fit or athletic older client from a younger client with a similar fitness level.
- Name basic training techniques that might affect fitness programming for an older client who is already an athlete or a fitness enthusiast.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|Older-Adult Fitness: Gauging the Limits of Your Fit Clients||Article|
|Detox Diets: myths vs. reality||Article|
|February 2013 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 3: Detox Diets and Gauging Older-Adult Fitness Limits||Test|