ACE Professional Price
If you want to be in the know this course is for you. It’s packed with the newest research on a wide range of topics. You can learn about how to keep your heart healthy and add years to your life through leisure time physical activity, how child obesity is linked to sleep patterns and electronic devices and how weight lifting can decrease risks of metabolic syndrome. You will also discover how to properly use carbohydrates to fuel for exercise and how they can help performance, finding out what to consider when choosing types of carbohydrates. So much great information packed into one course.
Available Course Credits
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Discuss the research studies and findings described in the Making News section.
- Discuss factors that affect carbohydrate needs during endurance exercise.
- Describe the concept of carbohydrate availability.
- Discuss and explain the efficacy of carbohydrate intake strategies such as carbohydrate loading and use of the glycemic index.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|Runners Go Pants-Free for Charity||Article|
|Improve Running Economy||Article|
|College Cuts Sports, Focuses on Fitness||Article|
|Water Workouts Work Well||Article|
|Leisure-Time Physical Activity Adds Years to Your Life||Article|
|Lift Weights, Avoid Metabolic Syndrome||Article|
|The Biggest Loser Watchers Avoid Exercise||Article|
|Kids’ Sleep, Obesity and Electronic Devices||Article|
|Leisure-Time Activity Helps Hearts||Article|
|Carbohydrate Intake for Endurance Training: Redefining Traditional Views||Article|
|IDEA Author, Presenter Reaches Everest Base Camp||Article|
|February 2013 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 1: Health & Fitness News, and Carbohydrates and Endurance Training||Test|