ACE Professional Price
Take this quiz and grab a snack! A recent study concluded that increased snacking could positively impact overall diet quality. This continuing education quiz is all food for thought! Having a drowsy day owing to a poor night’s sleep? Eat some protein, not sugar, to kick-start your cells and get your system in gear. Read about this new study and its findings on protein and sugar. Read about spices, soy and fiber intake over fat. Learn it’s not just what you eat but how you eat, and grab the smaller plate and utensils to aid in losing weight. Plus, included in this quiz is a delicious shrimp recipe that’s lean, fresh and savory, perfect for Valentine’s Day dinner with your sweetheart. Examine how friends influence weight, as recent studies find we mimic the habits of our closest companions. Consider the power of friendship and the key to being a healthy role model for your close network of friends and family. This is a powerful quiz on spreading healthy behaviors and curbing less healthy ones.
Available Course Credits
After reading this article, you should be able to:
- Discuss the research studies and findings described in the Food for Thought section.
- Describe how close alliances influence diet and exercise behaviors through social modeling.
- Explain how the workplace and dining with others influence the amount of food eaten.
- Describe the role that social encouragement and perceived levels of social support play in exercise motivation.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|Teen Diets:Fiber Over Fat||Article|
|Snacking Associated With Healthier Overall Diet||Article|
|Shrimp Ceviche for Lovers||Article|
|Protein—Not Sugar— Keeps Us Alert||Article|
|Middle Eastern Spice Trio||Article|
|It's Not Just What You Eat But How You Eat||Article|
|How Friends Influence Weight||Article|
|Ask the RD||Article|
|February 2012 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 2: Nutrition, and Friends’ Influence on Weight||Test|