ACE Professional Price
Older adult exercisers can benefit from high-intensity training by improving functionality and reversing age-related muscle atrophy. This test includes exercise guidelines, information on how to design an effective power program for older adults, and sample workouts. Also included in this course, learn about sarcopenia and how to properly design exercise programs and nutrition plans to prevent neural decay.
Available Course Credits
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Explain and describe sarcopenia.
- Discuss the three major causes of sarcopenia.
- Explain why diet and exercise are key issues in dealing with sarcopenia.
- Describe how aging affects muscle function.
- Identify the benefits of strength and power training for older adults.
- Discuss how exercise can provide anti-aging benefits for older-adult clients.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|February 2014 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 2: Combating Sarcopenia, and High-Intensity Training for Older Adults||Test|
|What Is Sarcopenia, and Can We Turn Back the Clock?||Article|
|Getting Intense With Older Clients||Article|