This course has been discontinued. Here’s a similar course you might like, http://www.ideafit.com/fitness-products/beyond-a-website-virtual-tools-for-attracting-real-world-clients-0.
Don’t wait! Improve client–business communications, manage your health and fitness resources, navigate virtual communities and enhance your professional profile. Learn how to establish your online presence with popular, cost-effective tools like YouTube, Blogger, Twitter and Facebook. Biray shows how fitness professionals can benefit from social bookmarking, online chatting, texting, blogging, microblogging and podcasting.
CE course from IDEA Health & Fitness Association and DSWFitness
By Biray Alsac, MS
At the completion of this course you will be able to:
- Describe guidelines for effectively developing your online presence.
- Develop an online plan by choosing from three plan categories.
- Define the following forms of internet or mobile phone communication: social bookmark, online chat, instant message, text message, microblog, online community, social network, blog, podcast, and online audio and video media.
- Explain the features of the following online tools: diigo, meebo, TextMarks, Twitter, facebook, blogger, iTunes, Utterz, and qik.
- Explain the functions of a widget and a podcatcher.
- Describe ways to connect online tools through cross-pollination.
- Describe uses of online tools for health, fitness, and wellness professionals.