Caving to the Craving: The New Science of Food Addiction and Recovery...With a Twist
Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP
Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP, FACSM, presents the latest science behind addictive eating behavior and lay out a science-based, three-stage recovery plan that incorporates cutting-edge discoveries in epigenetics and neuroscience. Learn practical tools that you can use to help guide your clients as they transition from obsessions about “false fixes” to a reliance on healthier behaviors. Dr. Peeke will present her novel Recovery-Centric lifestyle treatment blueprint, which incorporates top-level science integrating the three basic pillars of mental,nutritional and physical fitness.
- Define the role of dopamine in the brain’s reward system.
- Discuss the evolution of the scientific breakthroughs building a basis for the relationship between food and addiction.
- Describe the emergence of epigenetics and its importance in the treatment of food addiction.
- Explain the role of the prefrontal cortex and key ways to optimize its function.
- Describe the role of the microbiome in optimal mind-body function and performance.
- Understand the importance of exercise for sustained recovery from food addiction.
|Caving to the Craving: The New Science of Food Addiction and Recovery...With a Twist ||Video|
|Caving to the Craving: The New Science of Food Addiction and Recovery...
With a Twist ||Test|