August 2010 IDEA Fitness Journal Test 5: Pilates for Overweight Clients Course
There are an estimated 1 billion obese persons worldwide across all groups in society. This course gives you the opportunity to look at existing research on core training and apply Pilates techniques and principles to a demographic that desperately need to be introduced to the powerhouse. You’ll review available research on Pilates and core training and explore possible solutions for training the obese client. You’ll find out what you need to know prior to working with obese clients, review some sample exercises and learn how to apply Pilates principles to the client.
- List a minimum of three benefits of Pilates for the overweight client.
- Apply size-sensitive suggestions to the six Pilates principles.
- Cite one example of how to help the overweight client prepare for class.
- Name a minimum of three muscle groups that may be relevant when teaching Pilates to the overweight individual.
- Demonstrate a minimum of four Pilates exercises that may best suit the overweight body.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|Pilates for the Overweight Client |
Use compassion and sound Pilates principles and techniques to empower obese clients and help them find their centers.
|August 2010 IDEA Fitness Journal Test 5: Pilates for Overweight Clients ||Test|