ACE Professional Price
Pilates practice can offer many benefits to all populations, including the overweight. Learn how to make overweight clients feel comfortable and how to modify Pilates training to be safe and effective for them. In this quiz, you will also learn how to weave mindfulness into other parts of your life through yoga, how tai chi can benefit people with lung disease and more.
Available Course Credits
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Discuss the research studies and findings described in the Mind-Body-Spirit News section.
- Describe major considerations when teaching Pilates to overweight students.
- Implement practical solutions using fundamentals, props and building blocks to make Pilates more accessible for larger bodies.
- Discuss the effect of weight distribution on bodies in motion, and define successful strategies for various body types.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|April 2014 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 5: Mind-Body-Spirit News, and Pilates Benefits for the Overweight||Test|
|Pilates for Larger Bodies||Article|
|Yoga Leads to Mindful Living||Article|
|New Findings on Stretching for Dancers||Article|
|Physical Effects of Mindful Meditation||Article|
|Can Tai Chi Benefit Those With Lung Disease?||Article|
|Meditation as Medical Therapy?||Article|