ACE Professional Price
Osteoarthritis, a degenerative joint disease, is one of the most common forms of arthritis. By taking this quiz, you will learn how exercise can benefit osteoarthritis sufferers and what type of exercise is most helpful for them. This quiz also includes information on what types of exercise to prescribe to older adults with peripheral arterial disease and how to implement an effective workout program for clients with PAD.
Available Course Credits
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Explain how osteoarthritis impacts adults and provide some statistics on its effects in the U.S.
- Discuss how exercise benefits adults with osteoarthritis.
- Explain specific lifestyle and exercise design recommendations for osteoarthritis sufferers.
- Describe the basic pathophysiology of peripheral arterial disease (PAD) and define claudication.
- Identify safety considerations when designing programs for older adults with PAD.
- Implement basic exercise recommendations for older adults with PAD.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|April 2014 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 2: Exercise for Osteoarthritis Sufferers, and Exercise and Peripheral Arterial Disease||Test|
|Peripheral Arterial Disease and Exercise for Older Adults||Article|
|Exercise Benefits People With Osteoarthritis||Article|