April 2013 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 5: Stress Resilience
We all recognize the feelings of stress. In this course, you will discover the complete mind-body response that gives us the energy to deal with our stress. Learn how the body’s response to stress builds up over time and how this may increase our risk for chronic health problems. Explore the new biology of stress resilience and the role exercise plays in this learning intensive course!
After reading this article, you should be able to:
- Describe the increased health risks of chronic stress.
- Explain what stress resilience is, and how it can reduce the harm of chronic stress.
- Identify and describe the three biological signs of stress resilience.
- Describe the concept of good stress, or hormesis, and how it applies to exercise.
- Identify the level and intensity of physical activity that are most likely to promote stress resilience.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|April 2013 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 5: Stress Resilience ||Test|
|Training for Mind-Body Resilience |
Research explores how exercise can protect against the harmful effects of chronic stress.