ACE Professional Price
This continuing education quiz gives food for thought. Read about how it might be time to shift the goal for obesity treatment away from just weight loss and body mass index to include fat reduction and a better understanding of nutrition science. Read about how to make food for children more appetizing, how the natural and organic product industry is booming, and the benefits of cocoa. Get the healthy recipe for midnight chocolate cake with fudge icing—yes, we said healthy! In addition, learn about plant sterols and how they can lower blood cholesterol levels. So if you have clients or customers who have questions about what sterols are, how they work and how to include them in their diet, this quiz is for you!
Available Course Credits
After reading these articles, you should be able to:
- Discuss the research studies and findings described in the Food for Thought section.
- Describe the source of plant sterols and how they function to reduce blood cholesterol.
- Identify the amount of plant sterols recommended for reducing cholesterol levels.
- Name the health organizations that incorporate plant sterols into their dietary recommendations for the general public.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|Ask the RD||Article|
|Midnight Chocolate Cake With Fudge Icing||Article|
|Natural and Organic Products Growth Booming||Article|
|Making Kids' Food More Appetizing||Article|
|Storing, Handling and Reheating Leftovers||Article|
|Let the FDA Hear Your Voice About Genetically Modified Foods||Article|
|Fast Fact: Understanding Food Labels||Article|
|A New Tack on Obesity||Article|
|Are Plant Sterols Important to My Diet?||Article|
|April 2012 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 2: Nutrition News, and Plant Sterols||Test|