April 2011 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 5: Eating “Green” and Nutrition
This continuing education quiz is food focused. Review the U.S. Department of Heath and Human Services Dietary Guidelines for Americans and learn the important nutritional updates. Read about the 2011 food trends to watch: meatless Mondays and Fish Fridays, good-bye cupcakes and hello pies. Learn about great gluten-free grains and discover if microwaves are really harmful to our health. Find out how eating “green” impacts the environment, and gain mindful eating and purchasing practices to reduce your carbon footprint in the world. So much nutritional information presented in one continuing education quiz.
- Explain the environmental impact of the American diet in comparison with global averages.
- Explain ways to diminish one’s carbon footprint via small, sustainable changes to the diet.
- Discuss the research studies and findings described in the Food for Thought news section.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|How Eating “Green” Impacts the Environment |
Reduce your carbon footprint in the world with these mindful eating and purchasing practices.
|2011 food trends to watch ||Article|
|5 Great Reasons to Pack Your Child’s Lunch ||Article|
|april picks ||Article|
|ask the RD ||Article|
|Great Gluten-Free Grains ||Article|
|how to chop an onion ||Article|
|new national dietary guidelines established ||Article|
|April 2011 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 5: Eating “Green” and Nutrition ||Test|