ACE IFT® - Integrated Fitness Training® Model for Active Aging Adults
Sabrena Newton, MS
The 55+ age group represents the fastest-growing segment within the fitness industry. They are characterized by a need to maintain functional autonomy and overall quality of life. The ACE Integrated Fitness Training® Model delivers a systematic approach, including age-appropriate assessments and programming that encompass physical, emotional, cognitive, social and behavioral parameters. Phase 1 addresses stability and mobility, the cornerstones to developing balance. Phase 2 restores functional independence through multiplanar movement training. These foundational phases will prepare your clients physiologically, cognitively and emotionally to face additional challenges as they progress to traditional training.
By Sabrena Newton, MS
- Identify key physiological changes in structure and function attributed with aging.
- Recommend appropriate physiological assessments for the healthy older adult population.
- Categorize older individuals according to their functional capabilities.
- Describe the National Fall Prevention Strategy Objectives.
- Explain the key programming domains for developing muscular strength, endurance and power in healthy older adults.
- Design and implement age-appropriate programs consistent with ACE’s IFT model.
|ACE IFT®-Integrated Fitness Training® Model for Active Aging Adults ||Video|
|ACE IFT® - Integrated Fitness Training® Model for Active Aging Adults ||Test|