This continuing education course covers three topics that will keep you up-to-date on important issues and recent findings in mind-body exercise. Learn why liability and safety issues merit serious focus and planning as members demand more Pilates-based activities. Discover how adapted practices and interventions from hatha yoga help pain sufferers learn how to cope and thrive. Explore the latest scientific studies dealing with the psychological benefits of different mindful types of exercise.
Articles and the test from the June 2006 CEC Mind-Body Exercise Issue of IDEA Fitness Journal.
Available Course Credits
- Define the meaning of risk of liability.
- Describe three popular misconceptions about a fitness professional’s ability to limit potential liability.
- Identify seven specific issues that are related to equipment use in Pilates training and often provide the basis for liability.
- Define the meaning of risk management and risk management policy.
- Summarize the role that industry standards and guidelines play in determining what guidelines a fitness professional should observe to avoid potential liability.
- Recognize the scope and costs of chronic pain as a global health problem.
- Explain how neuropathic pain contributes to chronic pain.
- List the benefits of yoga for chronic pain.
- Identify important teaching considerations for working with chronic-pain sufferers.
- Explain the benefits of, and directions for, the basic yoga practices of breath awareness and body awareness.
- Distinguish between mind-body exercise forms and more traditional ones.
- Describe how different fitness experts define mind-body exercise.
- Identify several major concerns about psychological research concerning mind-body exercise.
- Summarize general findings regarding the psychological benefits of yoga, tai chi, Nia and martial arts.
- Describe findings that delineate the unique contributions of mind-body exercise.
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
|Pilates Equipment Liability & Safety||Article|
|Yoga for Chronic Pain||Article|
|Exploring Mind-Body Modalities||Article|