Available Course Credits
Earn 2.0 CECs while learning about the fastest-growing segment within the fitness industry, the aging adult. In this bundle, you'll learn how to effectively train this population and improve their overall function.
Covers all this and more:
- A systematic approach, including age-appropriate assessments and programming that encompass physical, emotional, cognitive, social and behavioral parameters.
- How to use body therapy tools with aging adults, along with patterns of muscular chain release to go beyond stretching.
- The research behind suspension exercise, the primary benefits of this specialized equipment, and how to utilize this tool in new and different ways to supplement older-adult clients’ existing programs and to improve function in this population.
- How and when to progress/regress Suspension Training exercises appropriately.
- Designing and implementing boot camps specifically for the 50 and over market including, marketing, appropriate exercise progression, injury prevention and teambuilding activities.
- Using high-intensity training with older adults to improve functionality and reverse age-related muscle atrophy.
- How to properly design exercise programs and nutrition plans to prevent sarcopenia (neural decay).
- Designing safe, effective and appropriate programming using stability balls, tubing and steps. Learn how these tools can be used to improve, balance, core strength, flexibility and muscular endurance when training active older adults.
- How to gear your offerings toward keeping your older adults active, healthy and pain free, so you can evolve to serve your youthful, yet older members and retain long-lasting relationships.
- Implementing a safe abdominal exercise program to benefit those clients with a degenerative spine.
- Strategies for training clients with chronic health conditions.
- Effective verbal feedback for older clients and how to factor the effects of aging into how you talk clients through their exercises.
- Seven significant principles of functional training for mature adults.