Available Course Credits
Earn 2.0 CECs while learning about the biological differences between the genders and how that affects exercise programming, hormonal influences, and various stages of a woman’s life, including pregnancy, postpartum and menopause, allowing you to effectively address a woman’s goals and provide life-changing results.
Covers all this and more:
- Special concerns and questions women have, including perimenopausal challenges, muscle strength, body composition, metabolism, the hormonal roller coaster and other physiological factors that play an enormous role in training.
- Practical information about dietary intake, energy expenditure and exercise for a lifetime.
- How women’s bodies fuel themselves during a workout and how hormones can affect this usage.
- How fuel availability, genetic disposition, diet, training and hormonal changes affect metabolism.
- The causes for perimenopausal and postmenopausal symptoms such as mood changes, weight gain and a decrease in energy levels, and how these symptoms affect exercise prescription.
- The most current information on exercising during pregnancy including, exercise precautions at each stage of pregnancy, specific exercises to increase fitness for labor, exercises to strengthen your clients’ changing body, and stretches to increase the level of comfort during pregnancy.
- How to increase bone health to ultimately decrease the chances for injury or disease in women.
- How to help clients with Pelvic Core Neuromuscular System (PCNS) problems.
- New insights into resistance training periodization in women.