Available Course Credits
Earn 1.0 CECs while learning about the fastest-growing segment within the fitness industry, the aging adult. In this bundle, you'll learn how to effectively train this population and improve their overall function.
Covers all this and more:
- A systematic approach, including age-appropriate assessments and programming that encompass physical, emotional, cognitive, social and behavioral parameters.
- How to use body therapy tools with aging adults, along with patterns of muscular chain release to go beyond stretching.
- The research behind suspension exercise, the primary benefits of this specialized equipment, and how to utilize this tool in new and different ways to supplement older-adult clients’ existing programs and to improve function in this population.
- How and when to progress/regress Suspension Training exercises appropriately.
- Designing and implementing boot camps specifically for the 50 and over market including, marketing, appropriate exercise progression, injury prevention and teambuilding activities.
- Using high-intensity training with older adults to improve functionality and reverse age-related muscle atrophy.
- How to properly design exercise programs and nutrition plans to prevent sarcopenia (neural decay).