The 2014 IDEA World Fitness Convention™ provides the tools, education and motivation you need to elevate your game.
Personal trainer Joe Pawlenty’s impression of the first IDEA World Fitness Convention he attended is seared in his memory: “There was tons of energy—energy was blowing the roof off the building. You can’t help but be as fired up as everyone around you!”
Aside from the crackle of excitement, Pawlenty says what he liked most about the event was the chance to see and experience the fitness industry beyond his daily work environment. “You get used to the same ways of doing things, and you can get a little closed-minded. At the convention, I saw all of these new approaches to solving the challenges our clients bring to us every day. It gave me a lot more options to tackle situations. ”
Top-Level Education Abounds
The rapidly approaching 2014 IDEA World Fitness Convention is the largest event of its kind in the industry, hosting a global community of 12,000 personal trainers, group fitness instructors, mind-body professionals, owners and managers from more than 60 countries. The industry’s most respected educators will present over 360 sessions on the widest range of health, fitness and wellness topics available anywhere.
At the center of the high-energy event is the IDEA World Fitness & Nutrition Expo, where attendees can check out more than 450 booths representing the most relevant new fitness, apparel, wellness, technology and nutrition companies in the world. Many exhibitors debut brand-new products and programs in the Expo Hall, and attendees are the first to see top trends on the health and fitness horizon.
This year’s groundbreaking convention has a long list of new features exclusive to IDEA:
- The IDEA World Showcase Room will feature Jillian Michaels, Tony Horton, Tara Stiles, Cassey Ho and other fitness celebrities in high-voltage, concert-style workouts.
- IDEA is partnering with Hay House Publishing to offer Transformation Saturday, an opportunity to hear keynote presentations from four best-selling authors: Anita Moorjani, Cheryl Richardson, Nick Ortner and Tara Stiles.
- Attendees can purchase discount tickets for Disneyland and California Adventure, and can sign up for special sessions offering backcountry trail hiking and SkyRobics fun at an all-trampoline court.
- Exciting attendee competitions will be everywhere. They’ll include the first-ever IDEA World Fitness Summer Games and the popular IDEA Inspiration Medal challenges, which are open to all attendees. This year’s Inspiration Medal prizes include a Schwinn® AC Performance Plus bike with the MPower™ Echelon Console and a week for two at the world-famous spa and resort, Rancho La Puerta.
Expo Hall Expansion
The Expo Hall is such a perennial favorite that busy attendees have repeatedly asked for more open hours, so this year’s Expo Hall hours have been expanded to include Thursday afternoon, with a special event on Thursday evening: the IDEA Opening Reception Luau. The Opening Reception Luau in the Expo Hall is open to paid IDEA World Fitness and IDEA World Fitness BlogFest attendees only. Plan to wear colorful tropical attire! The bash will include fun food, tropical drinks, entertainment, and a photo booth for keepsakes. Wander the Expo Hall while you enjoy the party.
Tons of Topics
At the convention, attendees earn the benefits of the broadest educational offering in the industry, with a diverse curriculum that covers the newest trends and topics for personal trainers, business owners, managers and directors.
Here are just some of the topics:
- Boomers/Older Adults
- Training Athletes
- Small-Group and Partner Training
- Suspension Exercise
- Boot Camps, Circuits and Intervals
- Metabolic Training
- Group Strength
- Kickboxing and Martial Arts
- Hiring and Employee Retention
- New Revenue Strategies
- Team Building, Culture and Leadership
- TRX® Suspension and RIP™ Training
- Recovery and Metabolism
- Weight Loss and Healthy-Eating Strategies
- Stress-Free Living, Transformation, Success Principles
- Client Retention Tools, Technology Integration and Social Media
For more information on available sessions, see www.ideafit.com/world.